Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SCREAM

Just returned from a SCREAM retreat with 40 4th and 5th graders from Creekside United Methodist Church. It was a blast! I screamed, worshipped, danced, ran, played games, prayed, pranked and loved every minute of it. The worst part were the bathrooms and not having water for 12 hours. It was a beautiful site at Athens Y Camp in Toccoa, GA. God renewed me and also gave me a new ministry....5th grade girls. I connected with them and came back asking to be involved in SS ministry for that age group next year. I look forward to all that God has planned and I rejoice for the chance to help these girls connect with Jesus. I accepted Jesus at age ten but was not directed or helped out as to how to live out my faith. I pray that I God will work through me to teach them how to do that. God is GOOD!

BTW, SCREAM is Students Celebrating Rejoicing Enthusiastically, in the Almighty Messiah!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

that's awesome aunt chele! those 5th grade girls are gonna be so blessed to have you as their mentor!